Saturday, September 25, 2010

Do you know the final score?!


In case you don't know me very well you should know that I LOVE sports, especially football and basketball.  I love playing and watching them and with some of my health difficulties I have had to live out my dreams through my active watching, reading sports articles and participation through sports oriented video games haha.  I even thought about a career in sports reporting...so you get the point :)  Since I love sports I of course have a few analogies or sports stories that relate to life and here is one that I learned from my grandpa...


My grandpa is a fan of football but whenever he would watch the games he would get so nervous and tense that he couldn't stand it.   Apparently he decided that in order to enjoy the game he needed to know the end result.  So he started recording all the games and then going back and watching them later with the final score known so he could just appreciate the game for the plays and not worry about how his team was doing.  Kind of an interesting way to do things.  Now how does this relate to us?  Can you think of anything?  


Well we are all in a "game"or a "test" that is called life.  Now sometimes we are tackled for a loss of yards or we fumble or throw an interception, in short sometimes we make bad plays and the game looks over.  The field of life much like a football field has its ups and downs.  But guess what?  This is one game where we know the end result.  We do not need to worry or stress about which team is going to win, because we know that our Heavenly Father's team comes out on top.  It may not always look that way but we know that the end result is assured.  We just need to make sure we are on the right team.  :)

Photos:  jerseyandgearcustomauthenticjereys

3 comments:

  1. I think your grandpa has a good point. When I used to watch boxing I would get mad at the things the boxer would do. The same thing with soccer. When I saw Mexico or Argentina play and do something bad I would get frustrated. I think I'll do the same. And GO TEAM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really good reminder of how we should be hopeful and have faith in this life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great analogy! I love knowing that no matter what tackles or fumbles come our way, we don't have to worry because if we try our best, we will experience more joy in the "after party" than we ever thought possible...for eternity! So many problems or worries become insignificant when we look at them with an eternal perspective.

    ReplyDelete